Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Configuration Of SharePoint Products And Technologies Failed,After Apply SharePoint Service Pack2

Hi
Before some days working on upgrading SharePoint Serves and applying SharePoint Service Pack2.
There are two SharePoint ServicePacks 2 are available which should be applied one after another in sequence.
  1. Download WSS 3.0 SP2 either 32 bit or 64 bit depends on your machine configuration from this link
  1. Download MOSS  SP2 either 32 bit or 64 bit depends on your machine configuration from this link
  1. First apply WSS 3.0 SP2 on server and after it ends , it asks for Configuration Wizard click on Cancel
  2. Apply MOSS SP2 , once it is done it will ask for Run SharePoint  Products and Configuration Wizard.
When I run that , it gives me error on step number 8. I checked the SharePoint Server Version, it looks good , it has upgraded for SharePoint SP2. It has given the below error.



Then I tried to find out from where the source of the error from the Log files, it did not give me good explanation. I checked the upgrade.log file and I read line by line log and I found out one of line which says the upgrading one of the SharePoint site has terminated with X number of errors and warnings.
I checked that SharePoint Site and it gives me errors and then I realized that that site was always throwing error when I tried to open that SharePoint Site.
Then I deattach the Content Database of SharePoint Site from Central Administration and once again I have run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard and it runs perfectly.
This is one of the scenario for failing the SharePoint Products and Configuration Wizard. There are so many possibilities why error has occurred, and every problem has different solution, please read log files well.
Hope this helps
Disha Shah

No comments:

Post a Comment